Our hearts break across the country for the brave service members who made the ultimate sacrifice and for all those lost today. Their families are facing unimaginable news. Please join us in praying for them.
Sadly, it didn’t have to be this way.
The terrorist attacks at the Kabul airport are a horrific national security and humanitarian disaster. This is a direct result of President Biden’s weak and failed leadership. This administration’s incompetence has led to the loss of American lives and has left countless more at risk.
Today has been the deadliest day in Afghanistan since Obama was President. The buck stops with the President of the United States, and right now Joe Biden is MIA.
BIDEN’S FAILURES HAVE EMBOLDENED TERRORISTS:
- President Biden is to blame for the Taliban’s takeover of Afghanistan. No one else.
- Today’s attack is now the deadliest in Afghanistan since Aug. 6, 2011, when President Obama was in office.
- Before today the last American casualty in Afghanistan was in February 2020.
- The disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan by the Biden Administration is unquestionably inspiring new terrorist attacks.
- Terrorists have been provided with the opportunity to generate momentum and propaganda by conducting high-profile attacks against U.S. and Western forces.
- More than 100 prison inmates loyal to ISIS-K escaped from two prisons near Kabul as the Taliban advanced on the Afghan capital.
- Terrorists are now emboldened to attack Americans.
- Unprecedented numbers of known or suspected terrorists have crossed the southern border in recent months.
- President Biden falsely claims that al Qaeda is “gone” from Afghanistan, but the Pentagon freely admits that not only is al Qaeda still very much a present threat, the United States now has diminished counterterrorism and intelligence capabilities as a direct result of the withdrawal.
- The Taliban are now in possession of American weapons, including helicopters, airplanes, tanks, Humvees, and other military-grade weapons.
- The catastrophic failure in Afghanistan has emboldened our adversaries and puts doubt in the minds of our allies.
Make no mistake: President Biden’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan has created a terrorist breeding ground that poses real and pressing threats to our homeland just before the somber 20th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks.
Read Leader McCarthy’s full statement on the attacks in Kabul HERE.
President Biden and Speaker Pelosi’s Far-Left policies are returning America to a 1970’s welfare state that incentivizes Americans to stay at home instead of returning to the workforce where there are 9.3 MILLION job openings.
That is why Ways and Means Republican Leader Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX) and Rep. Jackie Walorski (R-IN) discussed how to get Americans working again during a virtual roundtable today on the 25th anniversary of successful bipartisan Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF). Americans need jobs and paychecks, not more endless spending and government checks.
The meeting featured a discussion with experts on anti-poverty welfare reforms that would further improve TANF and lift Americans out of poverty by tying benefits to work.
- There are currently 9.3 MILLION job openings.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act reduced poverty to a historic low by unleashing job growth, with the highest wage gains for the lowest-earning Americans.
- But, President Biden and Speaker Pelosi are undoing that progress by using temporary emergency COVID relief to create permanent welfare-without-work programs.
- These programs undermine the progress we have made, foster greater dependence on government, and reduce job opportunities.
- Democrats are repurposing the Child Tax Credit as a new untargeted welfare check.
- Democrats are banning entry-level jobs through a wage mandate.
- Democrats are pushing other Far-Left policies that limit the path out of poverty.
President Biden’s stimulus didn’t create jobs, it created inflation. With prices rising twice as fast as paychecks and real wages declining since President Biden took office, American families are falling behind.
President Biden’s reckless spending is causing inflation to surge. This means Americans are paying more for goods and services, while also taking home less.
BIDEN’S INFLATION TAX BY THE NUMBERS:
- Americans are making 1.7 % LESS than they did a year ago, when inflation is factored in.
- Inflation has increased every month since Biden took office.
- The consumer price index (CPI) increased 5.4% from a year ago, the largest jump since just before the 2008 financial crisis.
- Americans are paying more for just about everything:
- Gas prices are up 45.1%
- Milk is up 5.6%
- Fruit is up 7.3%
- Washing machines are up 29.4%
- Car rentals are up 87.7%
- Hotels are up 16.9%
- Consumers see prices overall up 4.8% in the next 12 months, according to a New York Fed survey.
What are Democrats doing to fix inflation?
They are doubling down on their bad spending habits and attempting to ram through a partisan $3.5 trillion package that is nothing more than a reckless tax and spend spree. This package will stick middle-class families with higher taxes and lower wages.
It’s simple: Inflation is taxation!
Click HERE for more on the real effects of inflation from Leader Kevin McCarthy.
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) just announced 188,829 enforcement encounters at our southern border in June, a 450% increase from last June and the latest sign that President Joe Biden’s open-door policy has completely redrawn migration patterns.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- The Border Patrol stopped 188,829 illegal immigrants in June.
- That’s the HIGHEST number in 21 years.
- This is a 471% INCREASE from last June.
- June is the 4th straight month of 170K+ apprehensions.
- Biden’s border crisis is GETTING WORSE.
Numbers don’t lie. The Biden administration has worked to open the southern border, not secure it. Our communities are less safe because they stopped building the wall, brought back Catch and Release, and got rid of the Remain in Mexico policy.
House Democrats blocked a Republican effort to restore the Hyde Amendment, a long standing and bipartisan provision that prevents American taxpayer dollars from being used to fund abortions, to congressional spending bills.
- The Hyde Amendment, is a provision which prevents American taxpayer dollars from being used to fund abortions.
- For more than 40 years, the Hyde Amendment has ensured that Americans are not forced to pay for abortion-on-demand with their tax dollars
- The Hyde Amendment has saved 2.5 MILLION lives from abortion since 1976.
- Nearly 60% of Americans agree that taxpayer dollars should not be used to fund abortion.
President Biden himself has even said that “those of us who are opposed to abortion should not be compelled to pay for them” in 1994.
For more than 40 years, the Hyde Amendment had been supported by both Republicans and Democrats. Today’s vote changed that and shows how extreme Democrats have become.
The National Federation of Independent Business June 2021 Small Business Optimism Index found that nearly half of America’s small businesses are raising prices because goods are getting so expensive.
NFIB JUNE REPORT BY THE NUMBERS:
- The net percent of owners raising average selling prices increased 7 points to a net 47%.
- This is the highest reading since January 1981, which was OVER 40 years ago.
- 46% of owners reported job openings that could not be filled.
- 53% reported capital outlays in the last six months, down 6 points from May.
- This is bad news for GDP growth but also for future productivity growth.
- This is consistent with the owner’s dismal view about the economy in the second half, bad news for capital spending and economic growth.
Why are so many small businesses raising prices?
It’s simple. Inflation is taxation.
President Biden’s reckless spending caused inflation to surge in June. This is a tax hike and a pay cut for every American.
Key Democrats have remained silent as thousands of Cubans march on Havana’s Malecon promenade, and cities across the country, to protest the oppressive Communist dictatorship under which they are suffering from food shortages, high prices, and a worsening coronavirus outbreak. This is one of the biggest anti-Communist demonstrations the country has seen in the 62-year dictatorship.
According to Fox News:
“Fox News has emailed Reps. Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib and Sen. Bernie Sanders and has yet to receive a response from any of them. As of early Monday, none have even mentioned the protest on social media.”
The reason for Reps. Karen Bass, Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Rashida Tlaib’s silence can probably be attributed to their support for socialist regimes.
DEMOCRATS SUPPORT FOR COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP:
- Rep. Karen Bass has a long history of supporting the Communist Castro regime in Cuba.
- Bass has been a Socialist and Communist sympathizer for decades, having been a part of the radical pro-Castro Venceremos Brigade in the 1970s.
- Reps. Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Rashida Tlaib and are all self-professed Democratic Socialists and have not acknowledged the historic events unfolding on the island about 90 miles from Florida.
- The National Review reported that these legislators have never even denounced Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
- In 2019, Omar accused the U.S. government of leading a coup against Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
Study after study has found that the Democrats’ Far-Left policy proposals attack every part of our economy by embracing crippling tax increases on workers and small businesses.
THE FACTS ABOUT THE DEMOCRATS’ CRIPPLING TAX HIKES:
- An analysis from the left-leaning Tax Policy Center found that President Biden’s tax plan would raise taxes on 75% of middle-class families next year and 95% by 2031.
- A Tax Foundation analysis found the Democrats’ radical tax plan would halt small business growth by doubling tax on investment.
- The same analysis found the Democrats’ plan would give America the highest business tax rates in the developed world.
- A Rice University analysis found that increasing our corporate tax rate would result in less economic activity and 1 MILLION jobs lost in the first two years.
- The study also found:
- The average annual reduction in employment would be equivalent to a loss of 600,000 jobs each year over 10 years
- Real wages would fall by 0.6% in the long run
- An analysis by the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania found President Biden’s $6 trillion budget would SHRINK the economy and CUT workers’ wages and hours.
It’s simple. The Democrats’ Far-Left proposals will lead to higher taxes on middle-class Americans, while simultaneously hurting growth.
The continuous claims from Democrats in Congress and President Biden’s White House that Republicans defunded the police are so outrageous that even the Washington Post fact-checkers were forced to call them out, giving them THREE Pinocchios for these FALSE claims.
- Overall, we award THREE PINOCCHIOS.
- There is little basis to claim that Republicans are trying to “defund the police.”
- Although Republicans all opposed Biden’s coronavirus relief package, no one voted to cut, or defund, anything.
- Lawmakers had no guarantee before voting on the bill that some of these funds would go to police departments.
- Police officers are not mentioned specifically in the American Rescue Plan like “impacted industries such as tourism, travel, and hospitality” or “water, sewer, or broadband infrastructure.”
The Biden White House should have known this argument was a loser when White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was unable to name a single Republican who supported the Defund the Police movement during a recent press conference.
Why are Democrats so determined to rewrite history? It’s simple. Democrats know America is in the midst of a crime crisis thanks to their Far-Left policies and they are desperately trying to change that fact.
Unfortunately, numbers don’t lie, and this is Biden’s Crime Crisis.
BIDEN’S CRIME CRISIS BY THE NUMBERS:
- The New York Times reported a sample of 37 cities with data for the first three months of the year saw an 18% INCREASE in murders compared to the same time period in 2020.
- There have been 128 officers shot so far in 2021, 26 of whom were killed by gunfire.
- According to the FBI’s Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted database (LEOKA) fatal felony attacks on officers are UP 39% through May 2021 compared to the same time period in 2020.
- Homicides are up 533% in Portland, 58% in Atlanta, 37% in Philadelphia, and 22% in Los Angeles compared to the same time period in 2020.
- Shootings are up 126% in Portland, 64% in New York City, 51% in Los Angeles, and 40% in Atlanta compared to the same time period in 2020.
It’s no wonder that President Biden and House Democrats are attempting to rewrite history surrounding their support of the defund the police movement, given the deadly Fourth of July weekend America just experienced.
President Biden’s Crime Crisis By The Numbers:
- 150 people were shot dead over the Fourth of July weekend
- OVER 450 acts of gun violence across America over the Fourth of July weekend
- In Chicago, 92 people were shot over the holiday weekend, 16 of whom died.
- Shooting Surge in America’s major cities:
- In Portland, shootings are up 126% YTD
- In Los Angeles, shootings are up 47% YTD
- In New York City, shootings are up 43% YTD
- In Atlanta, shootings are up 40% YTD
- In Philadelphia, shootings are up 29% YTD
Numbers don’t lie, this is President Biden’s Crime Crisis.