At a time when over half the country is struggling to pay for things like gas and groceries, we must act quickly. That is why House Republicans will vote on a single, common-sense energy plan comprised of solutions that focus on production, infrastructure, reliability, and efficiency. This bill includes:
- H.R. 3, the Northern Route Approval Act, authored by Representative Lee Terry, which allows construction of the Keystone XL pipeline;
- H.R. 1963, the Bureau of Reclamation Conduit Hydropower Development Equity and Jobs Act, authored by Representative Steve Daines, which streamlines the development of hydropower on federal lands;
- H.R. 2640, the Central Oregon Jobs and Water Security Act, authored by Representative Greg Walden, which allows for construction of a hydropower facility at the Bowman Dam;
- H.R. 2728, the Protecting States’ Rights to Promote American Energy Security Act, authored by Representative Bill Flores, which protects American energy production by recognizing states’ authority to regulate hydraulic fracturing;
- H.R. 4801, Requiring the Secretary of Energy to prepare a thermal insulation report, authored by Representative Adam Kinzinger, which studies the impact and cost effectiveness of thermal insulation in federal buildings;
- H.R. 3301, the North American Energy Infrastructure Act, authored by Chairman Fred Upton, which strengthens our partnerships with Canada and Mexico in order to build a more secure and efficient North American energy market;
- H.R. 6, the Domestic Prosperity and Global Freedom Act, authored by Representative Cory Gardner, which expedites the export of U.S. liquefied natural gas to our allies;
- H.R. 1582, the Energy Consumers Relief Act, authored by Representative Bill Cassidy, which ensures Congressional oversight of energy-related rules costing more than $1 billion;
- H.R. 1900, the Natural Gas Pipeline Permitting Reform Act, authored by Representative Mike Pompeo, which modernizes the review process for natural gas pipeline permit applications;
- H.R. 2641, the Responsible And Professionally Invigorating Development Act, authored by Representative Tom Marino, which establishes a more streamlined and transparent federal permitting process for construction projects;
- H.R. 3826, the Electricity Security & Affordability Act, authored by Representative Ed Whitfield, which protects reliable and affordable electricity sources;
- H.R. 2824, the Preventing Government Waste & Protecting Coal Mining Jobs in America Act, authored by Representative Bill Johnson, which prevents the Administration from developing new, job-killing coal regulations; and
- H.R. 4899, the Lowering Gas Prices to Fuel an America That Works Act, authored by Chairman Doc Hastings, Representative Doug Lamborn, Representative Scott Tipton, and Representative Bill Johnson, which removes federal government barriers that block production of U.S. energy sources offshore and expands onshore American energy production by streamlining government red-tape and regulations.
With gas prices still hovering near $3.50 per gallon and energy costs siphoning too much out of families’ paychecks, we must find solutions that encourage an American energy revolution. And not only will this bill lower energy costs for Americans at home, but it will also create thousands of jobs across the country. These are the solutions Americans need – the House is acting, and now we hope the Senate will do the same.