One hundred days ago, the new Republican Majority in Congress set out to create America’s Opportunity Economy — and that’s exactly what we’ve done. We’ve moved forward with the solutions American families have asked for — solutions our country needs.
Here’s a look at what we’ve tackled in our first 100 days:
Passed a Budget that Balances in Ten Years
The FY 2016 budget resolution, A Balanced Budget for a Stronger America, not only balances in ten years, but cuts $5.5 trillion in unnecessary spending — making our government more efficient and transparent. It also fully repeals Obamacare and makes national security a priority with robust funding.
Promoted Job Creation and Empowered Hardworking Americans
Our priorities are your priorities — which means passing legislation that creates more opportunity for Americans all over the country.
- Passed the Promoting Job Creation and Reducing Small Business Burdens Act (H.R. 37)
- Passed the Small Business Regulatory Flexibility Improvements Act (H.R. 527)
- Passed the Save the American Workers Act (H.R. 30)
- Passed the Regulatory Accountability Act of 2015 (H.R. 185)
- Passed the Preserving Access to Manufactured Housing Act (H.R. 650)
- Passed the Mortgage Choice Act (H.R. 685)
Held the Administration Accountable and Increased Government Accountability
Americans are empowered when their government works for them. Our solutions reject outdated bureaucracy and creates at 21st Century government that answers to all Americans with greater accountability, openness, and efficiency.
- Passed the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act (H.R. 240)
- Passed a bill to end the NLRB’s ambush election rule (S.J. Res 8)
- Passed the Unfunded Mandates Information and Transparency Act of 2015 (H.R. 50)
- Passed the EPA Science Advisory Board Reform Act of 2015 (H.R. 1029)
- Passed the Secret Science Reform Act of 2015 (H.R. 1030)
- Passed seven IRS accountability bills
Enacted Real, Long-Term Medicare Reform
It’s been over two decades since an entitlement reform was passed — and in the last 100 days we’ve passed a solution that provides the certainty American seniors, children, and low-income families have needed for so long. And just this week, we joined our colleagues in the Senate and sent it to the President’s desk where it received his signature.
- Passed the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (H.R. 2)
Simplified the Tax Code
Our tax code is cumbersome and complicated and it’s holding back American small businesses and families from economic growth. We’re tackling tax reform one bill at a time — and we’ve already accomplished a lot in the last 100 days.
- Passed the Death Tax Repeal Act of 2015 (H.R. 1105)
- Passed the Permanent State & Local Tax Deduction (H.R. 622)
- Passed America’s Small Business Tax Relief Act of 2015 (H.R. 636)
- Passed the America Gives More Act of 2015 (H.R. 644)
Empowered America’s Veterans
Our heroes have given their all, and they deserve the best. Our solutions help provide the opportunities they need to succeed at home, in the workforce, and for their health.
- Passed the Hire More Heroes Act (H.R. 22)
- Passed the Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans Act (H.R. 203)
Paved the Way for Patient-Centered Health Care Reforms
Americans are empowered when they are free to make their own health care decisions. Our plan starts over with real health care reform that lets patients choose the plans they want, the doctors they need, and the costs they can afford.
- Passed a bill to repeal Obamacare (H.R. 596)
Promoted Educational Opportunities for America’s Students
Our plan ensures that all Americans – no matter where they start – have the opportunity to succeed through greater access to higher education, affordable tuition, and strong careers.
- Passed the STEM Education Act of 2015 (H.R. 1020)
- Passed legislation to improve 529 savings accounts (H.R. 529)
Expanded Domestic Energy Production
Our solutions create jobs, make America more energy dependent, and lower every-day costs at home. And while the President seems adamant on holding American energy back — we’re giving it room to grow.
- Passed the Keystone XL Pipeline Act (H.R. 3)
- Passed the Natural Gas Pipeline Permitting Reform Act of 2015 (H.R. 161)
- Passed the LNG Permitting Certainty and Transparency Act (H.R. 351)
Protected the Sanctity of Life
We are protecting the most vulnerable and providing a voice for the unborn.
- Passed the No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2015 (H.R. 7)
- Passed twelve anti-human trafficking bills
The list is long — but we’re just getting started. House Republicans will continue to pass solutions that address your priorities and grow an opportunity economy from the ground up.