For nearly 100 days in the House majority, Democrats have turned a blind eye the ongoing humanitarian and national security crisis at the border, refusing to offer any kind of solution or even acknowledge the basic fact that a crisis exists.
CBP has repeatedly sounded the alarm as thousands of people storm the border each week, overwhelming the system and putting lives at risk…
Here’s how Speaker Pelosi and her caucus responded:
- They called the border wall “immoral,” and even proposed the idea of eliminating existing physical barriers.
- They repeatedly called it a “manufactured crisis” made up by the Trump administration, completely ignoring the evidence in front of them.
- In the face of a major threat to national security, Democrats offered “one dollar” to fund border security.
- Other Democrats have proposed abolishing ICE, taking down existing border walls, and decriminalizing illegal border crossings.
Even Obama officials are sounding the alarm for Congressional action:
- Obama DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson: “We are truly in A crisis” on the southern border
- Obama Border Patrol Chief Mark Morgan: “We’re experiencing a crisis at the southern border at a magnitude never seen in modern times, it’s unprecedented.”
It begs the question: How can Democrats claim to be “for the people” when they put the interests of their radical base before the safety of our communities? This crisis requires Congressional action