The House Committee on Ways & Means has established 11 Tax Reform Working Groups, each handling a designated issue area. Below is a listing of Working Groups and their Chair and Vice Chair:
|Charitable/Exempt Organizations||David Reichert (R-WA)||John Lewis (D-GA)|
|Debt, Equity and Capital||Kenny Marchant (R-TX)||Jim McDermott (D-WA)|
|Education and Family Benefits||Diane Black (R-TN)||Danny Davis (D-IL)|
|Energy||Kevin Brady (R-TX)||Mike Thompson (D-CA)|
|Financial Services||Adrian Smith (R-NE)||John Larson (D-CT)|
|Income and Tax Distribution||Lynn Jenkins (R-KS)||Joseph Crowley (D-NY)|
|International||Devin Nunes (R-CA)||Earl Blumenauer (D-OR)|
|Manufacturing||Jim Gerlach (R-PA)||Linda Sanchez (D-CA)|
|Pensions/Retirement||Pat Tiberi (R-OH)||Ron Kind (D-WI)|
|Real Estate||Sam Johnson (R-TX)||Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D-NJ)|
|Small Business/Pass Throughs||Vern Buchanan (R-FL)||Allyson Schwartz (D-PA)|
YOU can make your voice heard by submitting public comments to the Working Groups!
Public comments will be accepted through Monday, April 15, 2013. Those comments will be included in the final Joint Committee on Taxation report, which will be delivered to the Ways and Means Committee on Monday, May 6, 2013. The process for submitting comments is below:
- Any person(s) and/or organization(s) wishing to submit comments can email email@example.com.
- In the subject line of the email, please indicate “Comments: (name of) Tax Reform Working Group” (note: be sure to specify the name of the working group in the subject line - e.g., Energy Tax Reform Working Group).
- Attach your submission as a Word document.
- In addition to the Word document attachment, please include in the body of the email a contact name, physical address, phone number and email address.
- For questions, or if you encounter technical problems, please call (202) 225-3625 or (202) 225-1721.
To view comments that have been submitted to the Working Groups, click here.