The House Committee on Agriculture hosted a Farm Bill Field Hearing in Dodge City, Kansas on Friday, April 20. Congressman Tim Huelskamp, who represents Dodge City in the U.S. House of Representatives, hosted the hearing. Presiding at the hearing was House Agriculture Committee Chairman Frank Lucas (R-OK). Farm Commodities Subcommittee Chairman Michael Conaway (R-TX) was also in attendance. This video includes the first panel of witnesses and opening statements from the Members in attendance.
- Mr. Gary Harshberger, corn, wheat, milo, soybean, and cow calf producer, Dodge City, Kansas
- Mr. Keith Miller, wheat, sorghum, corn, soybean, and cow calf producer, Great Bend, Kansas
- Mr. Dee Vaughan, corn, cotton, sorghum, soybean, and wheat producer, Dumas, Texas
- Mr. Scott Neufeld, wheat, sorghum, canola, alfalfa, and cow calf producer, Fairview, Oklahoma
- Mr. Terry Swanson, corn, wheat, sorghum, sunflower, and cow calf producer, Walsh, Colorado
Post-Hearing Release from Congressman Huelskamp: http://huelskamp.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4003:hundreds-of-kansans-attend-dodge-city-farm-bill-field-hearing&catid=48:press-releases