September 7, 2012
Another month, another disappointing reminder of the president’s woefully botched economic policies and broken promises.
Here are some lowlights from the August employment report:
- President Obama has presided over more months with unemployment above 8 percent (43) than the last 11 presidents combined.
- The percentage of able Americans seeking employment has plunged to a 32-year low as fewer people search for jobs. The unemployment rate fell only because people aren’t looking for jobs in this economy.
- More than three years into the Obama “recovery” and we are now creating less jobs this year than last. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job creation under President Obama has slowed below the level necessary to keep up with population growth.
- During the worst recovery in 70 years, the president is demanding a small business tax increase the will destroy an additional 700,000 jobs.
- House Republicans have led where the president and Senate Democrats will not by passing a budget and legislation to stop the tax hike on American families and small businesses.
For additional information, contact:
The House Republican Conference Policy Office