Here Are the Facts
This afternoon at a press conference, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi questioned the value of building the Keystone Pipeline – doubting how many jobs it would actually create and how much growth it would provide to the U.S. economy. She went on to say, “Why can't we just have a discussion on the facts?"
Here are the quick facts for the Minority Leader to answer her questions and put her mind at ease.
• The Keystone Pipeline would create 20,000 jobs
• TransCanada estimates that it would spend $7 billion in the United States to build the Pipeline
• The Pipeline would generate more than $20 billion in new spending for the U.S. economy
• The Pipeline will have limited adverse environmental impacts
• The longer we wait to approve the Pipeline, the more of an opportunity China has to out-compete the U.S. and gain access to Canada’s oil supply
• Multiple Labor Unions have endorsed the project
• 70% of Americans support building the Pipeline