1. The sequester was President Obama’s idea.
2. Republicans passed two plans to replace the President’s sequester, yet Senate Democrats have passed no replacement.
• House Republicans took steps to replace President Obama’s sequestration, passing bills on two separate occasions to replace the sequester with responsible spending cuts and reforms. The Democratic-controlled Senate did not consider either bill.
3. In 2013 the federal government will take in more revenue than ever before.
• The Congressional Budget Office has project the government will take in $2.7 trillion in revenues in 2013 – more revenue than it ever has before. (The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2013 to 2023, Congressional Budget Office, February 2013)