|Sponsor||Rep. Rahall, Nick J. II|
|Date||April 14, 2010 (111th Congress, 2nd Session)|
|Staff Contact||Ja'Ron Smith|
H.Res.___ is expected to be considered on the floor of the House on Wednesday, April 14, 2010, under a motion to suspend the rules, requiring a two-thirds vote for passage. The legislation was introduced by Rep. Nick J. Rahall (D-WV) on April 14, 2010.
H.Res. ___ would resolve that the House of Representatives:
• "Recognizes the ultimate sacrifice made by the 29 coal miners lost at the Upper Big Branch-South Mine, Whitesville, West Virginia;
• "Extends the deepest condolences of the Nation to the families of these men;
• "Recognizes all coal miners for enduring the loss of their coworkers and maintaining courage throughout this ordeal;
• "Commends the rescue crews for their valiant efforts to find these miners; and
• "Honors the many volunteers who provided support and comfort for the miners' families during the rescue and recovery operations.
According to the resolution's findings, 29 West Virginia miners tragically perished in the Upper Big Branch-South Mine following an explosion on April 5, 2010.