|Sponsor||Rep. Courtney, Joe|
|Date||June 15, 2010 (111th Congress, 2nd Session)|
|Staff Contact||Ja'Ron Smith|
H.Res. 1368 is expected to be considered on the floor of the House on Monday, June 14, 2010, under a motion to suspend the rules, requiring a two-thirds vote for passage. The legislation was introduced by Rep. Joe Courtney (D-CT) on May 18, 2010.
H.Res. 1368 would resolve that the House of Representatives:
• "Supports the goals of National Dairy Month;
• "Encourages States and local governments to observe National Dairy Month with appropriate activities and events that promote the dairy industry;
• "Recognizes the important role that the dairy industry has played in the economic and nutritional well-being of Americans;
• "Commends dairy farmers for their continued hard work and commitment to the United States economy and to the preservation of open space; and
• "Encourages all Americans to show their continued support for the dairy industry and dairy farmers."
According to the resolution's findings, since 1939, June has been celebrated as National Dairy Month.