|Sponsor||Rep. Lynch, Stephen F.|
|Committee||Oversight and Government Reform|
|Date||May 5, 2010 (111th Congress, 2nd Session)|
|Staff Contact||Ja'Ron Smith|
H.Res. 1247 is expected to be considered on the floor of the House on Wednesday, May 5, 2010, under a motion to suspend the rules, requiring a two-thirds vote for passage. The legislation was introduced by Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-MA) on April 14, 2010.
H.Res. 1247 would resolve that the House of Representatives:
• "Commends public servants for their outstanding contributions to this great Nation during Public Service Recognition Week and throughout the year;
• "Salutes government employees for their unyielding dedication and spirit of public service;
• "Honors those government employees who have given their lives in service to their country;
• "Calls upon a new generation to consider a career in public service as an honorable profession; and
• "Encourages efforts to promote public service careers at all levels of government."
According to the resolution's findings, Public Service Recognition Week provides an opportunity to recognize and promote the important contributions of public servants and to honor the diverse men and women who meet the needs of the Nation through work at all levels of government.