|Sponsor||Rep. Lynch, Stephen F.|
|Committee||Oversight and Government Reform|
|Date||May 5, 2009 (111th Congress, 1st Session)|
|Staff Contact||Sarah Makin|
H.Res. 299 is being considered on the floor under suspension of the rules, requiring a two-thirds majority vote for passage. This legislation was introduced by Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-MA) on March 30, 2009.
H.Res. 299 resolves that the House of Representatives:
• "commends public servants for their outstanding contributions to this great Nation during Public Service Recognition Week and throughout the year;
• "salutes government employees for their unyielding dedication and spirit of public service;
• "honors those government employees who have given their lives in service to their country;
• "calls upon a new generation to consider a career in public service as an honorable profession; and
• "encourages efforts to promote public service careers at all levels of government."
Public Service Recognition Week has been recognized since 1985 as the first Monday through Sunday in May.
Public Service Recognition Week was been recognized since 1985 as the first Monday through Sunday in May.