(a) Composition.—The National Republican Congressional Committee (“NRCC”) shall be composed of an executive committee of 38 members, to be composed of—
(1) the Speaker;
(2) the Republican Leader;
(3) the Republican Whip;
(4) the Chair of the Republican Conference;
(5) the Chair of the National Republican Congressional Committee;
(6) the Chair of the Committee on Policy;
(7) the Vice Chair of the Republican Conference;
(8) the Secretary of the Republican Conference; and,
(9) Thirty members appointed to serve on the executive committee by the Chair of the National Republican Congressional Committee.
(A) Appointments pursuant to this subparagraph shall be reported to the Conference for its approval.
(B) The Conference shall vote by secret ballot on each such recommendation.
(C) If the Republican Conference fails to approve a recommendation of the Chair of the NRCC with respect to a nomination, the matter shall be automatically recommitted to the Chair of the NRCC without instructions.
(b) Duties.—The duties of the National Republican Congressional Committee shall be to—
(1) act as counsel and advisor to the Members of the House Republican Conference;
(2) furnish support services to the extent consistent with the Rules of the House; and,
(3) have oversight in election campaigns in all general and special elections for membership in the House of Representatives.