(a) In general.—
(1) The Committee on Policy shall be an advisory Committee to the Membership of the House Republican Conference. The Committee on Policy shall meet at the call of the Chair of the Committee on Policy or the Speaker, and shall discuss legislative proposals with Republican Members of the appropriate standing and special committees and with such other Republican Members as the Chair may invite to meetings.
(2) The Committee on Policy shall report its suggestions for Republican action and policy to the Republican Members of the House. The Chair of the Committee on Policy may appoint, in consultation with the Speaker, such subcommittees from the Republican Members of the House for such purposes as may be deemed appropriate.
(b) Composition.—The Committee on Policy shall be composed of—
(1) One Member elected from each region, State, or group of States under the Steering Committee structure;
(2) Two Members elected by the sophomore class and one Member elected by the freshman class;
(3) The House Republican Leadership, as designated by Rule 2;
(4) One Member from each standing committee of the House appointed by the Speaker; and,
(5) Such Members-at-large as may be appointed by the Speaker.
(c) Seniority.—The traditions and privileges of seniority shall not apply to membership of the Committee on Policy and the Committee may, at its direction, make such rules as are necessary for conduct of its business.